Dr. Intezar Mehdi
Dr. Intezar Mehdi – Pediatric Hemato Oncologist at HCG Bangalore has pursued his MBBS and DNB-Pediatrics from prestigious institutes in Karnataka and attained MRCPCH from the UK. Before joining HCG, he was associated with King Saud Medical Complex from 2004 to 2009.
With over 10 years of vast experience in Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Dr. Mehdi’s areas of interest includes – Hematological malignancies, Childhood Leukemia (ALL, AML), Lymphomas, Histiocytosis syndromes in children, CNS tumors, Bone tumors, Wilms tumor, Neuroblastoma, Sarcomas and other solid tumors in children. Hematology area includes Thalassemia, Sickle cell anemia, Anemias in children, AIHA ITP, Platelet disorders, hemophilia, and other bleeding disorders.
His interest also includes Autologous and Allogeneic blood and bone marrow transplant for hematological and ontological malignancies and benign conditions like Thalassemia.
Dr. Mehdi has been an active member of many Pediatric societies in India. He is a lifetime member of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics (IAP) and a member of the Royal College of Pediatrics and Child health (RCPCH), UK. He is also a member of the Pediatric hematology/oncology chapter (IAP) and IAP-BPS, Bangalore. Dr. Mehdi is a member of IPHOG (Indian Pediatric Hematology and Oncology Group). He is a reviewer for the Indian Journal of Palliative care. Dr. Mehdi has delivered many lectures and presentations at a global level and has been a part of many research programs with publications in India and abroad as well.
- MBBS, DNB, MRCPCH
- Completed his MBBS, DNB (Pediatrics) from prestigious institute in Karnataka, in 2005 MRCPCH (UK) in 2008
- Trained in Pediatric Hematology and Oncology in a tertiary hospital at Riyadh -King Saud Medical Complex (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia)
- Hemato-oncological malignancies- Leukemias in children (ALL, AML)
- Histiocytosis syndromes in childhood
- Allogeneic blood
- Bone marrow transplant for hematological
- Oncological malignancies
- Pediatric hematology- Anemias in children
- Sickle cell anemias and other Hemoglobin disorders
- Hemolytic Anemias
- Aplastic anemia
- ITP and other Platelet disorders
- Thrombotic disorders
- Bleeding disorders