Dr. Praveen Chandra
Dr. Praveen Chandra is currently associated as Chairman with Division of Interventional Cardiology at Medanta, The Medicity Gurgaon.Leading Cardiologist and Chairman of Interventional Cardiology at Medanta – The Medicity, Gurgaon, India
Performs over 2500 diagnostic procedures and 2000 percutaneous interventions (including valvuloplasty) each year
Awarded with the prestigious Padma Shri Award, the fourth highest civilian Award in India, by the Hon’ble President of India in 2016, for exemplary work in the field of Medicine
Recognized as one of the leaders in the country and is proficient in a lot of new devices and technologies
Credited with using new devices like Rotarex, Kensey Nash DPD for the first time in India along with his team
Expertise in Balloon Mitral Valvuloplasty & Coronary Angioplasty
Awarded for success and achievement in the field of Coronary Angioplasty in India in 1998
Published over 100 articles, reviews and abstracts in various national and international journals
Member of Cardiology Society of India.
- MBBS – King Georges Medical College, Lucknow University, 1985
- MD -Medical Genetics – King Georges Medical College, Lucknow University, 1989
- DM – Cardiology – King Georges Medical College, Lucknow University, 1991
- 2010 – Present Chairman – Division of Interventional Cardiology at Medanta The Medicity.
- 2005 – 2010 Organizer and Director at AMI course.
- 2004 – 2010 Director of Cardiac Cath Lab & Acute MI Services at Max Healthcare.
- 1992 – 2004 Consultant Cardiologist at Escorts Heart Institute and Research Center
- Success and achievement in the field of angioplasty in India 1998
- Recognition Award for Success and achievement in the field of angioplasty in India – 1998
- Padma Shri Award – 2016
- Cardiological Society of India (CSI)
- American College of Cardiology